1866: Official founding of the church with services held in the courthouse or at other churches.
1882: Incorporated as First Congregational Church of Hillsboro and purchased a lot for $200.
1888: Dedicated the building at our current location and acquired the tower bell.
1916: Started the first Boy Scout troop in Hillsboro. We continue to host Boy Scout and Girl Scout troops.
1948: Voted to approve formation of the United Church of Christ.
1959: Dedication of the Fellowship/Education Building.
1962: Columbus Day storm damaged the church building so much that it had to be razed. The congregation met in the Fellowship Hall until 1965.
1965: Dedication of the new sanctuary.
1966: Centennial celebration and re-dedication of the tower bell.
1977: Our first year contributing to family Christmas baskets.
2002: Congregation voted on and became Open and Affirming.
2017: Voted to become an Immigrant Welcoming congregation.
2018: Began "2020 Vision Capital Campaign" and building renovations.
News article about the sanctuary groundbreaking ceremory in 1964.